The Jasperactive Installer icon (aka "the J icon") is generally used for four purposes:
- Determine the current installed version of Jasperactive (hover mouse over the icon).
- Install (download) the Jasperactive application to a Windows-based machine (click the icon and select the applicable Download option - Institution or Home).
- Copy then share the program installation executable (.msi) file (click the icon, right-click the applicable Download option (green button), then select the Copy Link Address option). This is a great option that allows IT personnel to "push" an installation out to multiple machines - i.e. a PC Lab.
- Check for Microsoft Office version compatibility, and fix if needed, with the Jasperactive student Courses (click the icon then scroll to the bottom of the page).
The J icon shows 1 of 3 possible "indicators" in the bottom-right corner of the circle it's within, as shown below:
- In the red ribbon at the top of your Jasperactive page, you will see the J icon -. If you see a yellow exclamation point, there is an update available for Jasperactive and/or a Microsoft Office compatibility issue.
- Click on the icon to access the Installer page, then click the applicable Download button to initiate the update process. Once the update has been downloaded, click on the setup.msi file and follow the prompts to perform the installation or update on your system.
- Following completion of the install/update process, close your current web browser and then open a new browser session and return to jasperactive.com, then log back in to initialize the system check to ensure you get the check mark indicator showing you now have the most current version.
- Using the Jasperactive Installer
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Checker
- Changing Microsoft Office from Monthly Channel to Semi-Annual Channel