- Assessments of what students know and don't know.
- Standard setting time allotment is 50 minutes.
- Standard setting produces a student activity grade/result.
- Beginning of learning (Benchmark) vs. End of learning (Validate).
- Designed to be taken only once (Benchmark), whereas Validate can be attempted multiple times.
- Degree of difficulty varies. Validate is designed to be more challenging.
The Validate exam is at the end of all the lessons, with the intent of providing a final assessment of the concepts and skill sets a student has acquired upon completing the Jasperactive Prescriptive Learning Pathway. While it is similar to the Benchmark in how the exercise works, the Validate exercise presents a different case scenario with steps that are designed to be more challenging and opportunities to try various options for a feature or concept. The Validate exercise is a timed 50-minute exercise which mirrors the official Microsoft Office Specialist exam requirements and allows the users to prepare themselves to take the official certification exam.
Note: the Validate assessment Lesson page tab is only available for Canada and International clients. U.S. clients will see a GMetrix tab instead, as a result of the integration piece for this territory.