As a Teacher, and creator of student Group(s), you can view student information from Groups Manager. A full overview of this capability is demonstrated in our Viewing and Editing Student Information tutorial.
Specifically to locating password information, however, the steps are outlined below. NOTE: if a student account is setup to login with one of the single-click options; such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, then this link will have to be re-established; which can be done from the user profile Account Settings option once they successfully login again.
Steps to find and/or view student passwords:
- Navigate to www.jasperactive.com and Login.
- From the Teacher Panel, select the Groups Manager option.
- Scroll down then from the Groups list grid, identify the appropriate Group and click the Pencil (edit) icon to the far right. Note: If you have many Groups, enter Search criteria instead of scrolling to the grid list.
- Click the Group Students tab.
- Select the applicable Course the student is learning in.
- From the Students list grid, identify the appropriate Student then click the gold Key icon to the far right.
- The student specific User and Password page should now appear, as depicted below.
- Click the red Generate password hyperlink. A new password is created. Note: you can delete the auto-generated password and type a preferred password instead.
- Click Save.
The student can now navigation to jasperactive.com and login. Important: instruct the student to go to their user profile Account Settings option and update the 3 security questions. Doing so will allow them to reset their own password the next time using the Jasperactive Web form, instead of the email option which most schools/entities block.
Note: if you're using a Jasperactive with CertPREP (formerly GMetrix) integrated license, it's important that your Jasperactive password is at least 7 characters. Both the Jasperactive and CertPREP password must match for the integration to work properly.